Tuesday, April 15, 2014


LOVE THY NEIGHBOR – LIKE THY NEIGHBOR As I left my house last night to walk a short 10 blocks into town to hustle up some dinner I noticed some people in black outfits in my driveway. Mind you I live in a fishbowl where houses literally touch each other and you get woken up by your neighbor playing PS2-Box, doing jazzercise or snoring. The beach is across the street so we tolerate the coziness … more on that later. As I get closer I see that these black dressed people are actually caterers unloading a car. I get a little closer and I see that my neighbor is hosting a fancy catered dinner on his patio, a mere 10 feet from my house. My first thought – Where was my invitation?! I’m a good neighbor. I probably would not have gone but I would have liked to have been invited. How dare they?! Rude. After all, last week I hosted a holiday party at a boutique hotel in town and left an invitation on their door step. It was the day before, but it still counts as an official invitation! After a few more blocks of walking and thinking I came to the conclusion that this is the way neighbor relations are supposed to go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment